Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A New Appreciation...

We've had a wonderful start to our week because of good old Christopher Columbus. I was struck yesterday when I wished big Bird "Happy Columbus Day" (since he had the day off for the first time since high school) that thanks to the genius of rhyme I actually remember "1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue" and he landed in the new world on October 12. What a treat to have big Bird home for the day; I got to grocery shop without baby Bird early in the day!!!, we ventured around town looking at shrub ideas for next spring and went to my favorite place (we have WAY more to do inside, but I think we were in denial on such a beautiful day), enjoyed lunch at Chick-fil-et, and shopped for a piano.
In house news, we're continuing to battle wallpaper in the dining room, but we're getting closer to getting rid of the oak trim and painting every day- the funny thing is when we're done with the hours it has taken the walls will look like everyone else's. If you are ever tempted to hang wallpaper in your home...think about who will take it down. Big Bird and my dad attacked the ceiling on Sunday afternoon- the yellow stuff in the pics is the second layer coming off (the adhesive backing).
Big Bird happy the ceiling is almost done

Patience pays off with long strips peeling off at a time!

Bedtime story with Grandmother and Grandaddy...Baby Bird is in love with his books these days!

1 comment:

  1. I love keeping up with your family via this blog! Keep 'em coming. xoxo

    ReplyDelete