Monday, March 21, 2011

March is marching on...how time flies

A year ago on this Monday I sat in a meeting at work 35 weeks pregnant and commented to someone that I hoped I didn't get the stomach flu Big Bird was fighting at home and especially hoped that it wouldn't cause me to have Baby Bird early...at work we had big plans for me up until and a little beyond my due date which was April 23!
I'm feeling very nostalgic this week so you will have to bear with me as I'm planning to document some things from a year ago for the sake of my memory that I know will fade with time.
We saw our friends E and M this weekend with their little girl A and I was remembering that having them over a year ago on the Sunday before March 25 was our last spontaneous entertaining as a family of 2. One minute I think that the time has flown by and the next I'm overwhelmed by the changes in the lives of these Birds in such a short time: there is a not so new little person in our lives who we can sit and watch for hours and who melts our hearts with his big brown eyes, I stay at home and "work" during the week rather than heading to the best insurance company in the world, we live in a new place in a house that is new to us, Big Bird has a new job, I get to see my family often, and so many other blessings that have come in this year.  God has been so faithful and good to our family!

Now for the March recap...we've been a little ill around here over the last 2 weeks (Baby Bird and I got the stomach flu), but we're healthy again, it's raining outside today and our flowers are starting to peek out in our yard!
Cousins helping their Grandaddy celebrate his Birthday!
Cousins with Grandmama at Longwood Gardens

Baby Bird says, "hey cousin A look over here"


Playing at Longwood Gardens is hard work!

Aunt K, Great Grandmama J, and Grandmama
Spring is coming!!!

 
Enjoying an afternoon at the park with E, M, and Baby A

Swinging friends

No comments:

Post a Comment